Sunday, April 15, 2012

The beginning

I started my quest to get healthy about 3 days ago and I have found myself already making better choices!  I usually go out for dinner on Friday nights for Wisconsin's infamous "Friday Night Fish Fry." I also usually go out for breakfast on Sunday mornings and order things like eggs benedict or blueberry muffins, this weekend I did neither of these things!  I have been making recipes from the website Fit2Fat2Fit.com.

I made chicken breast with squash and zucchini then topped it with a low sugar spaghetti sauce for supper on Friday. Then I got up on Sunday morning and made spinach with egg white omelets. I find that I really enjoy cooking... Today I also did 45 minutes of yoga it was really great! I felt so grounded and relaxed after I was done.  My boyfriend walked in while I was "mid-Yoga" and he looked away like he shouldn't watch but then I caught him watching me ... like he was proud of me! That made me feel really good!

Some challenges I am coming to realize are:

1. That I am going to have to be really organized to do this and learn to manage my time better. I need to make meals ahead of time and make sure that I'm not going too long without eating. 
2.  I also think that I need to get in check with my emotions and make some strategies to handle tricky situations.  When I am dreading doing something I reach for food and I don't know why.  I don't know if it's just anxiety or comfort or procrastinating but today I was doing my homework and was at a point where I needed to get some serious memorization done and instead of diving in- I went and poured myself a bowl of Grapenuts topped off with a little chocolate milk. Why ? I wasn't hungry but I did it anyway... Hmmm...to be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment