Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Temptation...

OK so today I would have to say that I was really tempted to make some bad choices.  I was having a very good morning I got a lot of studying done and also was doing really good with my diet and then .... something went wrong.  I got my Microbiology test back and did not do as well as I thought I had.  I did not fail, but I didn't get the A that I so wanted and hoped that I might get.  I felt stressed, I felt upset, I felt pressure and an urgency to do something to make myself feel better.  So I let some tears well up, took a deep breath and made it through class without crying.  Getting through class was easy- getting through the drive home without stuffing my face full of not-so-good food is a whole different story!  I got to my car and I could feel my stomach growling, my mouth was watering at the thought of Taco Bell or Jimmy Johns or even McDonald's.  I pictured myself eating french fries, or tacos, or potato chips but in the back of my head was a voice telling me not to.  I asked myself,  What would Kristi say? What would Tommy say? More importantly how would that food make me feel?  The answer to the last question is awful, it would make me feel like even more of a failure and only provide me with short term satisfaction. 

So when I turned the key and started driving I looked but didn't stop... Wow willpower!!! I remember what it feels like to have willpower, to be motivated to succeed no matter what obstacles stand in my way.  I remembered something I was told in my Yoga class, if you feel pain... choose not to.  If you feel the temptation to adjust to make things easier... choose not to. So ... I chose not to.  I chose not to do what normally I would have had done with no hesitation! This is the start to something really great!

No comments:

Post a Comment