Saturday, April 21, 2012

Let's make this be the LAST time !

Today I am feeling pretty good yesterday I got a lot of exercise and when I weighed myself this morning(Saturday) I was 2 pounds down from Thursday! I got a BodyBugg and it is really helpful it really helps to keep me motivated and on track ! I check it constantly to see if I am at a calorie deficit, see where my steps are and to just check and see how my day has been going.  I didn't blog for a couple of days so I will catch us all up to speed ...

This past Wednesday was a hard day for me... I was just not feeling 100% and I was really stressed, my food journal definitely showed that.  I came home from school early and had a lot to do ! My mom wanted me to come and help her with some paint colors so I came home made lunch (a Beef fajita wrap) and then headed over to her house, before I left I also had a quick scoop of peanut butter(not sure why).  I was really tired so I was going to try and catch a quick nap before I went over there so I could be super productive when I got home.  I stayed there for about 3 hours and may have accidentally downed a couple Dark Chocolate Dove pieces and some almonds while I was there too.  When I got home I had a full plan of attack but was still so tired! I sat down at my computer and started to try to get to work but I found myself getting up to get a snack quite often...maybe I was stalling?  When all was said and done I had eaten way more than I should have and then was feeling really defeated.  Right before I went to bed I made a quick half peanut better sandwich, I reasoned with myself that I already blew so whats a little more.

When I woke up on Thursday with a "food hangover" I felt gross I had a stomach ache and I felt nauseated.  I took a couple of Pepto tablets and told myself it would pass.  My trainer was coming over around 10 so it better pass or I was for sure going to puke during our workout!  I was feeling better, feeling a lot of anxiety before my workout.  I was anxious about the workout and also anxious about the HUGE exam that was soon to come that evening. I made myself a very healthy breakfast or egg beaters, spinach, toast and Activia yogurt hoping that would also help to settle my tummy.  I did my workout but found myself really struggling to get through it for some reason it was really painful this week.  I though it was supposed to get easier ?!? Ugh! I hate this stage of dieting where everything is pretty new, I'm waaaaay out of shape and struggling to "get it together."  After my workout Kristi and I sat down and "talked food"  I showed her my food journal and she was like whoa.... OK we need to sort this out.  I was consuming way more calories than I needed to.  My fat grams were waaaay high and my sodium intake was out of this world ! I confessed all my sins, it's almost like talking to a therapist really and laid it all out there.  It feels really good to talk about things, I feel like it helps keep me focused.  Se also had some words of wisdom for me this week.  She showed me a video of a 70 year old woman who can hold a plank for over half an hour!  She also said, " Let's work hard so you never have to go through this again!" Amen sister I have done everything when it comes to dieting and exercise and I need to get it together and get it right this time!!! She had me write down my motivator, my obstacles and set some goals.  I better remember that I gave her those because I have a feeling I am going to see those again in a few weeks.  Our session was really good this week.  I just needed to talk and be really honest with her so she can try to help me the best that she can.  After Kristi left I felt rejuvenated.  I packed a lunch and headed to school to study my butt of for my Phys test- and I DIDN'T STRESS eat at all ! :)

Friday was also a really good day.  It was the fist day that I had eaten out since I started this project a couple of weeks ago.  I had a "fish fry" with baked fish and only ate 2 spoonfuls of potato salad and 2 spoonfuls of coleslaw and half my bun.  Normally I would have polished that whole thing off no problem! Also I got a Diet Pepsi instead of a beer and I was fine with that ! :) Eating out is hard its really tempting and its hard to know exactly what is in your food.  Yikes scary ! I went for a good dog walk before we went to dinner and then took my pup to the dog park after to make sure that I got at least my 10,000 steps in! I actually ended up with significantly more than that! Thanks BodyBugg I wouldn't have gone for a walk if I didn't see that! I came home to an empty house and was feeling kind of hmmm... lonely I guess I paced around the kitchen and kept battling with myself to stay away from the food !!! I was kind of hungry but kind of not ... Yikes this is hard. I grabbed some Sugar Free Jello, sat down and watched some TV.  That still didn't do it so I grabbed another sugar free jello.... hmm

So now it's Saturday I woke up early because Tom's family is coming to help with some things at the house and I told my Grandma I would take her out to breakfast and for some shopping.  Tommy wanted me to go get some donuts for everyone working at the house. DONUTS ?!? Really ?!? So I did and I did NOT sample!  When I went to breakfast I looked for something that would be reasonable.  First I decided maybe the Fresh Fruit Plate served with an egg and a piece of toast perfect! That seems pretty harmless but when the waitress came she said that the fruit plate is not in season yet.  So I got the veggie and cheese omelet with some wheat toast.  That can't be too bad right? It came with 2 pieces of toast, I only ate one I should have asked for dry toast, it came buttered.  I did a lot of walking shopping, we went to the mall and Target and all over the place.  I stopped at Subway to grab some sandwiches for the guys working at the house. When I got home no one was here, good thing I ordered the sandwiches with no dressing - I ate a 6" Turkey sub with no mayo and no mustard.  While I was eating the sandwich I uploaded by BodyBugg stuff to see how much damage I had done- not bad.  Tonight we are supposed to go out to diner at Buffalo Wild Wings I am debating my plan of attack. I looked up nutrition facts online and if something is low fat its way high sodium... hmm.... I'll keep looking.  I may just make a Whole Body Green shake and have a couple beers and some water at dinner ...

No comments:

Post a Comment